Monday, February 25, 2013

Washington, D.C.-Day 2

Welcome back to day 2 of our D.C. trip! Like yesterday, I did a lot of walking! I literally can eat whatever I want since I know I'll be walking it off! If only I walked this much in Omaha! Today I slept in to recover from all the running around I did yesterday. I met Brian out for lunch over his break to go to Hill Country BBQ.



After lunch, we walked around quick before Brian had to be back for his afternoon meetings.


He's all biz, all the time.


The Newseum has all the newspapers from every state and around the world on display everyday! If you look closely to the right, you can see the front page of the Omaha World Herald! I would hate to be that person who has to change those out every single day!

Once I dropped Brian back off, I took the bus to Georgetown! This is what I've been looking forward to the most! It's the cutest town in America!





After I shopped, walked, ate, shopped again, ate again, I saved the famous Georgetown Cupcakes for last! There is a reason why these cupcakes are Oprah's favorite!




Once I inhaled my cupcake, I hopped back on the trusty bus and made my way back to the hotel. We had a social hour at a nearby seafood place with Brian's organization. We had tuna sliders (tuna is my all time favorite!!) , beef sliders, squid, oysters and lots of shrimp! It was fantastic! 

Tomorrow I am off to the great Holocaust museum! They say it can take 2 days but I'm super speedy and will probably be out by noon :) I'm hoping it's not going to rain like they say, so I can rent a bike again and bum around town!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment