Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Churro Pancakes

Breakfast for dinner! It's the best! That is, if you're making churro pancakes! I had every intent to make churro waffles, however our waffle make that was a hand me down, was smoking and literally burning my throat! To Goodwill it goes! I'm sure little Cayman loved that. Soo..the batter is actually waffle batter but made into pancakes. Have you ever used waffle batter for pancakes? Much better!! I will forever make my pancakes with waffle batter from here on out!

In all seriousness, these are stupid good. Not exactly a diet food when soaked in butter and then smothered in cinnamon and sugar. I can hear the angels singing now. They were heaven! 

Excuse the terrible picture. It may be my worst yet. I was too excited to eat them and didn't properly adjust my settings.


Churro Pancakes (er..waffles)
For the pancakes..
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 Tablespoons of white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon almond extract

For the cinnamon/sugar coating..
3/4 cup sugar
3-4 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and 2 Tablespoons sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, 1/3 cup butter and almond extract. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended. Lade the batter in a hot pan until golden. Mix together the 3/4 cup sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Place the melted butter into another shalllow bowl and dip the hot pancake first in the butter, then the cinnamon, sugar mixture. Be sure to coat both sides of the pancake with butter and cinnamon/sugar mixture. Serve immediately.

adapted from sixsisterstuff.com
And you can thank me later for this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment