Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tomato, Avocado Sandwich

This sandwich just happened to come about. I knew I had an avocado that needed to be used up and also, tomatoes that were 2 days from seeing the compost! This isn't exactly a meal you feed your husband. He'll never find that big slab of meat! His loss!



You only need 4 ingredients for this no fuss sammie! 

-1/2 tomato
-1/2 avocado
-whole wheat bread
-Fat Free mayo or olive oil mayo
-cilantro (optional)

Toast your bread, lube it up with some mayo and place your sliced tomatoes and avocados on top. I added cilantro since I had some on hand and it's my favorite herb! It's delish! You can also add some mozzarella for more of a caprese sammie! I plan on nixing the mayo and adding fresh pesto, once my garden is in this summer! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment